Do you know what is the difference between RE6400 and RE7000 Linksys extender devices? If your response is no then don’t panic, On this page, you will get the proper knowledge about both Linksys extender gadgets.
What Is RE6400 – RE7000 Linksys Extender?
Linksys RE6400 extender device helps to extend the range of WiFi signals by two non-detachable antennas which give you the range extension. On the other hand, the Linksys RE7000 extender device helps to eliminate all the dead spot areas of the house and office. You can easily Link the Linksys RE700 extender to the main router.
Login Into Linksys RE6400 And RE7000 Extender
Note: The login process of both Linksys extender gadgets is the same.
- In the beginning, on your mobile phone or on a computer open a web crawler.
- Further, insert extender.linksys.com in the URL bar.
- Now, the Linksys extender login page will open up on your display.
- After that, pick up your Linksys extender model number and enter all the correct information.
- As a result, you will successfully login into Linksys range extender.
Require These Few Things To Do RE6400 Installation
- Require a working power plug.
- WiFi-containing gadgets must have access to the web browser.
- Need one long ethernet cable.
- Requirement of wireless security protection.
- Must know about the default web or IP address.
Pre-Requirements To Do RE7000 Extender Configuration
- Need both frequency bands 2.4GHz and 5GHz.
- Require a power plug with an active electrical socket.
- Must know the right IP or web address.
- Need one long ethernet cable.
Note: In my experience, the configuration process of both Linksys extender devices is the same. So we will tell you one method of Linksys RE6400 configuration and one method of Linksys RE7000 installation.
Do RE6400 Linksys Extender Installation
- Initially, locate the Linksys RE6400 extender power plug in an electrical socket.
- Make sure your RE6400 extender must be closer to the existing router.
- Now, press the main router WPS button once the power LED is solid and stable.
- Next, within a few seconds push the Linksys RE6400 extender WiFi-protected system button.
- Further, the solid blue LED starts to blink meaning that both gadgets are successfully linked with each other.
As a result, you have completely and successfully done your Linksys RE6400 setup.
Do RE7000 Linksys Extender Configuration
- To begin with, set Linksys RE7000 power plug in a wall socket.
- Now, grab any WiFi gadget and connect WiFi gadgets to the Linksys extender network.
- Further, launch the search engine and enter the IP address in the search bar.
- Next, tap on the beginning setup for the lateral process, once visit the login page.
- After this, create a default password and select the wireless extender option.
- Hence, pick the WiFi extender option and fill the security passcode.
- Lastly, create an admin network name (SSID) and password.
Moreover, with the assistance of the above tips you will be able to do the Linksys RE7000 setup without any trouble. After the setup, if you are facing any issues in your Linksys extender device then observe the below tips to fix them.
How To Fix Linksys Extender Issues?
- The distance between the extender and the router should be minimum.
- Update the firmware of your Linksys extender device by entering the Linksys extender login page.
- See all that cable that connects to the Linksys extender.
- Make sure your Linksys extender and router do not locate near metal objects.
If these tips do not help you to fix the Linksys extender issues then try this final method to fix the issue.
Reset Linksys WiFi Range Extender
This method is so easy, just follow the lower steps to do this method,
- Initially, grab one paperclip.
- Now, insert that paperclip in the reset hole button of the Linksys extender.
- After that, wait for a while and you can see your extender all LEDs are turned off.
- As a result, it means that your extender device is completely and successfully reset.
Note: After doing the reset process, you will be required to do the configuration process again.
We hope after the study of this page you will know the proper login, and setup information. As well as also know the troubleshooting tips for Linksys extender. In case after trying the above troubleshooting tips, if your Linksys extender issue is not solved then try out ping with our technical team.