Science is a vast subject and an important one. Class 8 Science comprises Physics, Chemistry, Biology in a single edition. There are a total of 18 chapters in the book. It is a subject that needs a proper and thorough understanding of the concepts. The Science chapters in class 8 are vital as it is the foundation for the higher classes.
Students need to pay proper attention while learning the subject. Each chapter has its own importance and has different concepts and theories. One should put proper effort to understand and think logically when it comes to Science. The knowledge gained this year will be carried forward in their future.
The syllabus in the NCERT Science class 8 is presented with questions, concepts, resources, and activities with full details and easy explanations in a very simple manner.
The chapters of the class 8 Science syllabus are:
- Crop Production And Management
- Synthetic Fibres And Plastics
- Materials – Metals And Nonmetals
- Coal And Petroleum
- Combustion And Flame
- Conservation Of Plants And Animals
- Cell – Structure And Functions
- Reproductions In Animals
- Reaching The Age Of Adolescence
- Force And Pressure
- Chemical Effects Of Electric Current
- Some Natural Phenomena
- Stars And Solar System
- Pollution Of Air And Water
The subjects physics, chemistry, and biology are introduced separately to the students from class 8. It will prepare them for upcoming grades.
The NCERT solutions of class 8 Science help the students to prepare chapter-wise according to the textbooks. The solutions and the diagrams given are designed and curated as per the latest syllabus by the experts.
Students practising from NCERT solutions can be confident and be fully prepared for the exam without much struggle.
Ways to Study for Class 8 Science Exam
- Making a proper study plan – For any subject, to be completely prepared, a proper study schedule is essential. When you make your study schedule, ensure that the 18 chapters in Science are distributed such that you can devote time to study each chapter completely. Remember to keep aside enough time for revision.
- Learning the chapters – Once you are done with the day-wise study plan, follow it with focus and dedication. Utilize your time effectively and understand the key concepts of each chapter. Students can refer to the NCERT textbooks for the topics which they might have missed out on in class. The questions and the explanation are very clearly given and simple to understand.
- Knowing your progress day after day – It won’t be enough if you keep studying and not be aware of your progress. After completing each chapter, take an assignment test that is given in the NCERT solutions and compare your answers to know your progress.
- Hours to dedicate every day to Science – The time required to study varies with every student. However, if you study with proper focus and dedication, 2-2.5 hours every day is more than enough. Studying for several hours without any understanding and logic is of no use.
- Understanding – Read the chapter thoroughly and understand the concepts properly. If you find any difficulty, you can refer to the NCERT solutions, which are well-explained chapter-wise.
- Making Notes – Making notes is very important, as it will help you remember the concepts. These notes will be very handy when you’re revising.
- Study Area – It is essential to designate a spot for your studies. This way, your concentration level will increase. You may be distracted if you have a TV, laptop, phone or other gadgets around while you are studying. Make sure to switch off your mobile or put it away before you start studying. Parents should turn off the television or keep the volume low if the child is in another room studying.
- Taking a break – Studying Science can get very hectic sometimes, as the chapters are quite big. You should take short breaks between study sessions. This helps you learn quickly and with a fresh mind. Make sure to complete the topics that you have assigned according to your timetable. Once you have completed the day’s work, relax and enjoy. Don’t think about your studies or get stressed. Your body and mind both need to be stress-free to cope for the next day.
Section-wise Preparation Tips
- Physics: In Physics, there are several problem-based questions to work out. Make sure you solve all the problems in the textbook and also the examples. It will make you familiar with all types of problems.
- Chemistry: While reading chemistry, learn the chemical names of the compounds and elements, along with their formulas.
- Biology: When it comes to biology, practice the diagrams thoroughly, while learning the chapters. It will help you get more marks.
Things To Do Before and During Your Exam
- Make sure to revise all the chapters before the exam. Don’t learn anything new. It will not help you and create more confusion.
- Get adequate sleep, so that when you wake up in the morning, you are fresh and energized before your exams.
- On the day of the exam, have a proper breakfast. Do not discuss anything with your friends about the subject as it can create confusion.
- Don’t start writing the answers as soon as you get the question paper. First, go through the paper. Then, start writing the answer to the question which you feel is easy, first. Don’t panic if you cannot remember the answer. Think calmly, and you will remember.
- Keep track of time but don’t be in a hurry.
- Once you have finished answering the paper, don’t be in a hurry to leave the class. Revise your answer sheet at least once or twice. You can work on any errors that you might have made or questions you may have missed on.
Following these few tips regularly will help you score well in the exam.
Making a proper study plan and following the same is essential. Dedicate time and have a designated area for studying. Make notes while studying each chapter. It will be easier for you to revise. Proper sleep and breaks in between study sessions are also important. Practice writing as much as possible, so your writing skills and the speed of answering the questions develop.