Planning to set up your Netgear router in your home or workplace? Bravo! You are on the right post. Here, you will get to know easy-to-execute instructions for Netgear Nighthawk router setup. Continue reading!
Pro Tip: For flawless Netgear Nighthawk router setup, you need to keep the following things in mind:
- Try to place your Netgear Nighthawk router and modem in the same room.
- Your Netgear Nighthawk router and modem should get the proper and uninterrupted power supply.
- Use an up-to-date web browser to access the Netgear Nighthawk login page.
- Have the correct router login details handy with you.
These are some things that are needed for flawless Netgear Nighthawk router setup. So, get, set, and go guys! Let’s take the plunge for Netgear Nighthawk router setup process.
Netgear Nighthawk Router Setup Methods
You can set up your Netgear Nighthawk router using 2 methods:
- Manual method
- WPS method
Let’s shed some light on both the Netgear Nighthawk router setup methods one by one.
Netgear Nighthawk Router Setup: Manual Method
The manual method of the Netgear Nighthawk router setup is also known as web browser-based setup. Follow the instructions highlighted below to set up your Netgear Nighthawk router with ease:
- Place your Netgear Nighthawk router near to your modem.
- Plug in your Netgear Nighthawk router to a working power outlet. Do not start the setup until the power LED on your Nighthawk router becomes solid green.
- After that, connect your Netgear Nighthawk router to your modem with the help of an Ethernet cable. Do not use a damaged wire to connect your devices.
- Connect your computer or laptop to your home WiFi network.
- Run a web browser of your choice.
- Enter routerlogin.net into the browser’s address bar field. Do not use the browser search bar.
- Once done, hit the Enter key.
- Enter the default Netgear router login credentials into the provided fields.
- Click on the ‘Log In’ button once you’re done.
- Follow the on-screen instructions for a hassle-free Netgear Nighthawk router setup.
- Unplug your Netgear Nighthawk router and place it to a new location. Do not place your router in a corner or near windows, thick walls, or doors.
- Now, connect your WiFi-enabled devices to the extended WiFi network and enjoy streaming internet in every corner of your house.
Let’s have a quick glance at the Netgear Nighthawk router setup process using the WPS method.
Netgear Nighthawk Router Setup: WPS Method
WiFi protected setup (WPS) is one of the easiest methods to setup Nighthawk router. Walk through the steps given below for the Netgear Nighthawk router setup process using the WPS method.
Note: Before applying the WPS method, make sure that your Netgear Nighthawk router, modem, PC, or laptop are WPS capable.
- Place your Netgear Nighthawk router and your modem in the reach of each other.
- Make sure that your Netgear router is connected to your modem properly.
- Ensure to provide a steady and uninterrupted power supply to your modem and the Netgear router.
- Locate the WPS button on your Netgear Nighthawk router. Once found, push it gently.
- Wait for a few minutes. Push the WPS button on your modem as well.
- Unplug your Netgear router. Place it on a higher and central location.
- Connect your device to the router’s WiFi network and access the Netgear Nighthawk login page. Once you are on the dashboard of your Netgear router, you can change its default settings as per your requirements.
The Final Thoughts
You’re all done! Here’s to hope that the instructions given in the post have helped you out to complete the Netgear Nighthawk router setup process with ease. Somehow, if you get stuck at any step, get in touch with our professionals through comments.