You might remember your dentist or your general physician telling you to take care of your oral health so that you can have good overall health. Every cell of your body plays a vital role in maintaining your health and helping you live a healthy and happy life. You cannot ignore your oral health if you want to live a disease-free life. Brushing and flossing twice a day is essential, biannual dental visits are necessary to help your dentist evaluate your oral health and suggest you the right treatment to avoid any extensive treatments in the future. Our dentists in Charlotte are known for guiding their patients thoroughly to have robust oral health.
Taking care of your teeth will help you have a healthy and attractive smile. If you are neglecting your teeth then you are setting yourself up for severe health issues. Here are few things which will make you reconsider your oral health care routine:
How is Your Oral Health is Linked to Your General Health:
Our mouth is full of bacteria, though most of them are harmless, daily brushing and flossing will keep these bacterias in control. These bacteria multiply and combine with the sugar in food to make acid, which can attack your gums, tooth and lead to oral health disorders. It can lead to other serious health issues like:
- Heart Disease: American Heart Foundation study says that the bacteria in your oral plaque can lead to blocked arteries leading to a heart stroke or an attack. You have to make sure you brush and floss your teeth twice a day.
- Diabetes: A person suffering from diabetes is more prone to gum disease due to low infection resistance. Periodontal gum disease can make your blood sugar uneasy to control making your diabetes worse.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: The tooth loss due to gum infections or diseases increases your risks of rheumatoid arthritis.
- Dementia: The bacteria of gum disease or Gingivitis can enter your brain through the bloodstream or nerve channels which could lead to Alzheimer’s disease.
- Respiratory Infections: When you have an infection in your gums or teeth and then inhaling from these over a long period of time could lead to infections in your lungs like pneumonia. Frequent dental visits or seeing your dentist twice a year will help you to keep these severe issues at bay.
- Cancer: Oral cancer and other kinds of cancers like leukemia can be the result of improper oral care routines. It is very important that you should make your oral hygiene a priority to keep yourself away from these diseases.
Neglecting your oral health is not a smart choice if you want to live a disease-free life. Get your oral health examined by a dentist every six months so that your dentist will guide you if there is any problem. Our expert dentists at Carolina Dentistry @The Stateline are known for doing effortless teeth extractions in Charlotte, NC. If you are searching for effective teeth whitening in Charlotte then our dentists are always ready to help you.
Book your appointment with us now.