One of the major advantages of using a Linksys router in your home or office is the ability to connect multiple desktops or laptops to a single internet connection. In addition to this, you can use a WiFi connection instead of the messy Ethernet connection to create a clear work environment.
Linksys WiFi routers are the best devices for your home, so your family can enjoy the exceptional wireless speeds. They can be configured easily using a laptop or desktop. After setting up Linksys router via a PC or laptop, you will able to add more devices to the extended WiFi network.
Now, the question arises how to setup Linksys router? And the answer is we’ve got you covered! When we are here, you don’t have to worry about anything! Here in this how-to post, you will get to know the easy-to-execute steps to setup your Linksys router with ease. Continue reading!
How to Setup Linksys Router?
- Right off the bat, unwrap your Linksys router. Take out all its accessories carefully.
- Now, plug your Linksys router into a working and damage-free wall outlet.
- Turn on your PC.
- Connect it to your WiFi network. In the event that you are facing issues while connecting your Linksys router to the PC wirelessly, power cycle your router once and try connecting again.
- Load up your preferred web browser. Head towards its address bar!
- Enter the default Linksys router IP address and hit the Enter key.
- The router login page will be displayed.
- Enter the default router login credentials into the given fields and click on Log In or OK to access the web-based setup page.
- Click on the Setup tab and select the MAC Address Clone option.
- Hit the Enabled option and then click on the Clone My PC’s MAC button.
- Click the Save Settings button and apply the changes.
Kudos! You have successfully setup Linksys router using your PC!
Can’t Connect Linksys Router to the PC?
If you are facing issue while configuring your Linksys router, then try a couple of troubleshooting steps given below to rectify the issue. Keep reading!
- Make sure that your Linksys router is turned on.
- Ensure to make a finger-tight and secure Ethernet connection with your Linksys router.
- If you are connecting your PC to the Linksys router wirelessly, make sure that you are connected to your home WiFi network. Do not complete this process using some other or unknown WiFi.
- Be sure to enter the correct Linksys router login credentials. If you have changed the router login credentials at the time of its configuration, then use them instead.
- Ensure that you are not using the browser’s search bar for entering the default Linksys router IP address. Clear the browsing history from your internet browser. Restart your PC. Now, try accessing the router’s settings via another web browser.
- Do not make typos while entering the Linksys router login credentials and the IP address.
- Power cycle your Linksys router. Simply unplug the router from the wall outlet, wait for few minutes, and plug it back in again.
Do you still have questions on how to setup Linksys router using a PC? Can’t complete the process even after following the aforementioned Linksys router troubleshooting tips? Don’t worry! We’ve got your back! Drop your queries into the comments section and our competent technicians will reach out to you with a solution shortly. Not only this but also our experts will assist you with the Linksys extender setup process.