In this technological arena, the internet has become a vital part of our lives. Imagining even a single day with no internet is so difficult. Taking the dependence on internet into consideration, Netgear introduced avant-garde devices which incorporate wired or wireless devices for broadband along with for the network connectivity to cater the needs of tech-savvy people. Talking about its product range, it proffers extenders, routers, modems, security cameras and Netgear genie setup
There is no second thought to the fact that you are fully aware of Netgear wireless range extenders, WiFi routers, modems and security cameras like Arlo. But a question arises here is do you know anything about Netgear genie smart wizard? Well, it plays an inevitable role in the process of Netgear extender setup.
No no, it is not enough! It is just a promo. Scroll down to know everything about the smart genie setup wizard.
More about Netgear Genie App
Genie is a reliable desktop and mobile application, especially meant to manage and configure the home or office network. You can use it as a simple dashboard to supervise, control and troubleshoot wireless networks. It is available on all major platforms such as Windows, Mac, Android and iOS.
It comes with a number of features which help you access your router remotely just from anywhere. You can access the genie smart wizard via mywifiext.net web address.
Various Functions of Netgear Genie App
With this app, you can take advantage of the following features directly from your desktop or mobile:
- Set up a different guest network for your friends and family members
- Carry out a speed test for your network
- Establish live parental controls
- View a graphical map of all devices connected to your wireless network
- You can change the network name or SSID and password with great ease
The speed test lets you know that how fast your computer can download website content. Also, you can measure the broadband speed of your ISP or Internet Service Provider.
Through the IP address 192.168.1.250 you can access the smart wizard and move your hands on numerous tools. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Trace Route: It is meant for identifying the route or way obtained by data packets from your PC to the host.
- Computer Profile: Allows you to view details about the PC which you are currently making use of. This includes the operating system and current network connections.
- Ping: You can test a path from your computer to a particular destination with the help of this ping utility.
- DNS Lookup: Enables you to find out the IP address of a host name.
Benefits of Using Genie App
As its name signifies, it works like a real Genie and removes all technical issues by itself.
- You are able to access your router even when you are far away from your home.
- Comes with advanced WiFi Analytics feature, letting you monitor the traffic generated.
- Manage and handle the network in a remote manner.
- Easy debugging through any device connected to the network.
- One can get printouts or stream videos anytime, anywhere.
- Connect smartphones and tablets to the network securely with the scan of a QR code.
- Update Netgear extender firmware to the latest version.
All you have to do is simply download the genie app on your device and get such benefits.
Steps for Genie Smart Wizard Login
To make use of the app, you need to set it up first. For this purpose, connect your device to a fast WiFi network and access a reliable internet browser. In the address bar, type mywifiext.com and press enter key.
You will then be redirected to mywifiext webpage. This page asks you to input the username and password in the required boxes. As soon as you fill in the correct details, a basic home page will appear on your desktop screen. You are now on Netgear genie setup page. Here, you can set up your range extender, parental controls, security settings, etc.
That’s how you can log in to Netgear genie smart setup wizard. In case you experience any type of issue,