Netgear EX6400 (AC1900) WiFi mesh extender delivers a dual-band WiFi up to 1.9Gbps and extend the existing WiFi network range to the unexpected corners of your house. As a matter of fact, this smart Nighthawk mesh extender in today’s modern technological era improves the internet coverage and works with your home WiFi to create a powerful/strong WiFi System. www.mywifiext.net new extender setup includes the beneficial mesh features ‘Smart Roaming’ – one WiFi name (SSID) and it easily connect your smart home devices (wired or wireless) to your home network. No additional SSIDs (WiFi names) and passwords needed.
Netgear EX6400 WiFi mesh extender increases the range of your existing WiFi network and delivers it to the dead zones and blind spots of your house. Get the uninterrupted and continuous internet connectivity you need for iPhones, iPads, smartphones, computers (wired or wireless), laptops and more.
- Works with your existing WiFi router easily of any brand.
- The ‘Smart Roaming’ advance technology automatically connects your smartphones/mobile devices to the available and active WiFi as you move around your house freely without any fear of signal break or buffering in videos.
- Extend the range and reach of existing internet coverage with a single WiFi name (SSID) and password/passphrase/passcode/security key.
- Creates a whole-home WiFi system easily without any issue with your existing gateway or networking router.
- On the other hand, Netgear EX6400 Supports new 802.11ac as well as b/g/n WiFi devices.
- Moreover, Netgear EX6400 (AC1900)’s high-power amplifiers and internal antenna array increase the existing internet range.
- MU-MIMO (Multi User-Multiple Input and Multiple Output) technology for streaming to multiple (wired or wireless) devices simultaneously.
- In addition, in order to establish one super high-speed internet connection, FastLane technology of Netgear EX6400 uses both WiFi bands.
- EX6400’s Ethernet Port is designed to connect game console and smart TV to your secure WiFi network simultaneously.
- Easy setup with just push of a button to connect your computers, laptops, and routers to your range extender quickly and securely without any issue.
Connect Netgear EX6400 (AC1900) WiFi Mesh Extender Using The WPS Method
As a matter of fact, WiFi-Protected Setup (WPS) lets you join a secure WiFi without selecting the network name (SSID) and entering the security key/password.
- Push the WPS button on your EX6400. Once you do that, the WPS LED on your device will blink.
- After 2-3 minutes, press the WPS button on your main router as well.
In case your main device supports the 5GHZ band, then you are supposed to repeat the 1st and the 2nd step to connect your Netgear EX6400 to the 5GHZ band.
Now, you can unplug your Netgear device and place it to a new location that should be in reach of your existing WiFi router and away from the range of following:
- Mixer Grinder.
- Baby Monitor.
- Electronic Appliances.
- Battery Toys.
- Security Alarms.
- Thick Walls.
The above-mentioned obstruction creates loads of interference and reduces the internet speed as well. So, if you want your WiFi or internet to be up and running, then you are supposed to place your router and the range extender away from them.
Note: WiFi-Protected Setup does not support Wired Equivalent Privacy network security. In case you are using the WEP security, follow the instructions below.
Connect Your Netgear EX6400 With Netgear Installation Assistant
Connect your computer/desktop/PC or laptop to the EX6400 using a WiFi or wired Ethernet connection.
1. For a wired connection, use an Ethernet cable. Connect the Ethernet port on your range extender to an Ethernet port on your computer or laptop.
2. For a WiFi connection, open the WiFi connection manager on your PC and locate and connect to NETGEAR_EXT (default extender network).
Once the connection with your device (computer or laptop) is established, the Client Link LED become solid green.
Now, load up an internet browser and visit mywifiext (for Windows computer).
Note: Mywifiext local is the web address that is used for configuring Apple and iOS devices with your Netgear range extender.
The Netgear installation assistant page displays.
- Hit the NEW EXTENDER SETUP button and complete the fields on the displayed page. Once done, hit the Next button.
- Prior to going further, you have to verify that the Access Point/Extender switch is set to Extender. Once verified, hit the Continue button.
- Select your existing router’s WiFi network (SSID) to extend and hit the Next button.
Note: If you don’t wish to extend both WiFi bands, then it is advised that you clear the 2.4 GHz or the 5 GHz WiFi Networks check box.
- In the Password field, enter the existing router’s WiFi network password and hit the NEXT button.
- Set the SSID and password for your Netgear extender and hit the Next button.
- Wait for a few minutes for the page to display a list of new extender WiFi networks.
- Using the extender SSID and password connect your networking to the new extender WiFi network.
- Hit the continue button. But prior to clicking on this button, ensure that your WiFi-enabled device is connected properly to your range extender.
Now, a message will be displayed ensuring that the range extender is successfully connected and ready to use.
- Hit the Next button and when the registration page displays – complete the entire registration fields.
- Once done, hit the Finish button and complete the Netgear extender setup process.
Now, take your range extender and place is to a new location that should be about halfway between your main WiFi router and the area with a poor WiFi signal.